Monday 7 November 2011

001.

Wow.

This weekend my typewriter came, ready for zine making! I'm just waiting for a new ribbon. It is very beautiful, a 1960's Smith Corona Empire De Luxe. I like the DING! noise it makes. I haven't given it a name yet, and I'm wondering whether to put a sticker or 2 on it. Details.

I also got some writing sets and stickers, for zine/mailing purposes. I got really excited over going to Paper Chase. 

Today I managed to put together the front cover of Elderflower Tea. I had intended to do this after the zine/content itself was complete - but waiting for the ribbon has made me delay putting anything together, and I really wanted to just start SOMETHING, so I did the front cover. I don't want to get ahead of myself yet, but I really love it. I don't think I would have wanted to do it any other way. I have a good feeling when I look at it, and hope that this zine will come to life, unlike my previous 2 failed attempts.

Maybe I shall upload a preview picture later.


3 comments:

  1. Hannah here from We Make Zines - welcome to blogspot! I love the look of the blog. Here's to happy posting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea behind this blog. I want to create a zine this week, and this will help me get inspired. :) I have a zine blog here if you want to trade links: http://www.zinedistro.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)

    I'm really hoping I can stick at this, I think I will, I'm putting in more effort and less pessimism than usual. :)

    ReplyDelete